Pesquisa avançada  
Bem-vindo, Visitante. Por favor faça o Login ou Registro.
Perdeu o seu email de activação?
15 de Dezembro de 2018, 23:44
Pesquisa
Pergunta: Which netplay program do you prefer?
DukesterX (Why?) - 0 (0%)
YANG (Why?) - 1 (20%)
Meltdown - 4 (80%)
Votos Totais: 5

Páginas: [1] 2 3 4 5   Ir para o Fundo
Imprimir
Autor Tópico: Meltdown Poll  (Lida 46712 vezes)
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« : 27 de Junho de 2009, 03:36 »

I put this poll up on DukesterX for people that don't use Meltdown, the YANG variation.  Hellfire, could you translate my options into Portuguese?
Ricardorox
Visitante
« Responder #1 : 27 de Junho de 2009, 05:45 »

im prefer dukesterx Sorrindo
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #2 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 03:19 »

Thanks.  The first one I'm saying "I didn't realize it worked with the program YANG."
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

hellfire@dukenukem.com.br
Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #3 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 13:27 »

I dont use meltdown (i didnt even test it) because, well, i maybe be wrong, but isnt it a rip off of YANG with the suport for other ports removed? Does it have new features ? i also dislike the fact that support for shadow warrior was removed cause i play this online sometimes.
Amon Amarth - Live For The Kill | Disturbed - Torn | In Flames - Dead Eternity | Throwdown - Godspeed
Miseration - Voyaging the Seas of thought | Kataklysm - Blood in Heaven | The Few Against Many - Sot
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #4 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 17:32 »

Hi, HellFire.  It is a modified YANG.  The author released the source code so others could modify it.  So, thinking of it as a "rip-off" is the wrong way to look at it.  I'm simply modifying it, fixing some bugs and adding new features.  I will consider adding eDuke in, but Shadow Warrior to me changes the scope.  Anyway, here are some features, some are little:

1.  Can see the ping, ip, and location of players in the main serverlist (assuming host is using new Meltdown).
2.  Can see the ping, ip, and location of players inside the lobby rooms.
3.  Serverlist updates automatically, removing or adding new games, or changing the status of games.
4.  Can change your nickname within the lobby by doing /nick or /name.
5.  Can ban people from your game, so they can't keep rejoining if you kick them.

Those are just a few.  So, as you see, I'm not trying to steal anyone's work, but simply adding features to it because they don't have the time to do it right now.  I'm doing it for the Duke community.
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #5 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 17:42 »

oh sorry, as i said i could be worng, haha, i didnt even tested it so dont take it too serious ok. Nice features, it would be better if you asked NY00  so you guys could work as a team in the same program ( YANG) isntead of creating a new one, i think this would be best for community. anyway ill give it a try, later ill post here what i think about it, but i think i will still use YANG cause of the SW support.
Amon Amarth - Live For The Kill | Disturbed - Torn | In Flames - Dead Eternity | Throwdown - Godspeed
Miseration - Voyaging the Seas of thought | Kataklysm - Blood in Heaven | The Few Against Many - Sot
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #6 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 17:47 »

Thanks, dude.  Good ideas.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #7 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 20:09 »

Mandatory update, as the YANG author has made it so old versions can't connect. So, here is a new version. Also, I put back the update feature, so in the future it will ask you to update when there's a new one.

http://duke3d.org/Duke%20Files/Meltdown.zip
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #8 : 28 de Junho de 2009, 23:15 »

Thanks, dude.  I'm going to add in changing colors real soon, as some people don't like the colors.  You'll be able to change the colors of the various things like the server list, buttons, text boxes, etc.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #9 : 29 de Junho de 2009, 16:27 »

I'll look into those.  You could be blocking ping returns somehow with a router or firewall.  Also, some people aren't pingable since they block it through a firewall or the router with options like "block anonymous requests".
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #10 : 29 de Junho de 2009, 21:23 »

New update, it should ask you to update from now on.  This update adds the ability to change some colors.  Go to Settings->Theme Settings.  Also, I put some frequently asked questions in Readme.txt. 
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #11 : 30 de Junho de 2009, 13:28 »

is there a zipped binary (without a setup) version?
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #12 : 30 de Junho de 2009, 22:25 »

I could make one, but there is some other stuff that gets put into the configuration directory.  So, I thought a setup would be easier to do it for them.  Most importantly, the database of geographical locations gets put there by the setup.  Is the setup working for you?
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #13 : 01 de Julho de 2009, 14:59 »

yeah it works, i just preffer zipped versions, but i installed it anyway, nice new interface!
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #14 : 01 de Julho de 2009, 23:10 »

Thanks.  For the next version, I changed the way it updates.  Now, it will update automatically and you don't have to do anything yourself. 
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #15 : 06 de Julho de 2009, 15:30 »

Added back in eDuke.  Will take a few days off to focus on school.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #16 : 16 de Julho de 2009, 02:30 »

Ok, it's been a bit.  I have since added in a tab that shows my site:  http://duke3d.org.  It starts off at a chat room where you can chat with other Dukers.

The next thing I'll be working on is by request.  It will be similar to the favorites, except you can save anyone's name and ip and search for them, save the list to a file, etc. 
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #17 : 16 de Julho de 2009, 14:57 »

So, everytime you release a new version we'll need run an installer to update it? For me this is annoying, you should create a zipped binary version, really. About the chat thing, it sounds nice, ill check it out  Piscando
« Última modificação: 16 de Julho de 2009, 14:58 por HellFire » Registrado

Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #18 : 17 de Julho de 2009, 01:33 »

Hi, Hellfire.  On new versions, Meltdown will tell you there is an update, and if you click ok, it will update for you in the background.  So, don't worry about installing after you have once.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #19 : 03 de Agosto de 2009, 01:29 »

Ok, it's been a while.  The bad news is, YANG has decided that it doesn't want Meltdown to be able to connect to it anymore.  The good news, however, is that I have setup my own server for Meltdown and can now work at my own pace.  Recent updates have added a few key features.  The first is the ability to change your chat fonts and colors.  The next is an IP database.  It's similar to the manual join on YANG, except you can save IP lists to files and import them from files (so you can give to your friends), search them, etc.  You can also track good players.  For instance, let's say HellFire has the IP 189.233.233.233.  You would add this info to the database, making sure to put HellFire for "Real Nickname" and checking the "Track" box.  Then, let's say you encounter that same IP with the name "Testing".  If you are tracking it, you would see "Testing (HellFire)".  I think good players will appreciate this more than the average user.  The final feature is a ready button.  Clients can select ready or not ready.  People that are ready will have a green check by their name.  The host can't launch until all players are ready.

Also, I have started a FAQ for questions.  I won't ask anyone to translate here, hahaha.  But, here it is anyway:  http://duke3d.org/FAQ.php
« Última modificação: 03 de Agosto de 2009, 18:29 por Poda » Registrado

Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #20 : 09 de Agosto de 2009, 23:28 »

Made a little tutorial for newer players:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWE2_Ixohhg
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #21 : 29 de Setembro de 2009, 17:14 »

Been awhile, mainly due to lack of use of Meltdown. But, Hunter requested I make a general chat room similar to Kali, so I did that. It's basic for now, but should be ok, since noone chats anyway, right, hahaha?

1. Fixed an issue with tab switching. It will now switch to the last tab you were at when you close a tab, assuming that last tab still exists.

2. Added a general chat. I decided the Java chat blew. The chat is similar in spirit to Kali chat, but less features for now. However, I did add this feature. If you type game://%nick (defaults to port 8501) or game://%ip:%port or game://%ip (defaults to 8501 port), it will create a hyperlink players can click on to join games. I have preset a macro for everyone on F1 that types game://%nick. Note that if you click on your own, it will just host a game for you.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #22 : 01 de Outubro de 2009, 18:52 »

1. Added the ability to position nicknames on the top/bottom/left/right of the chat room.
Shortcut to do this is F8.

2. Any time chat activity happens and the Chat tab isn't active, a green icon will appear on the Chat tab, similar to a private message tab.

3. Added Kali smiley faces. Also, smiley faces will be sized a little more proportionately to the font size.

I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel here, but it's fun to learn in any event. I'm going to look into adding Kali's color codes soon like {g}, {r}, and sizing codes like {s:16} that affect the font.  I'm taking "easy" requests right now.  Anyone?
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #23 : 01 de Outubro de 2009, 19:06 »

First i need to test it then ill have some ideas.. thats an closed verison or i can get at your site ?(too lazy to discover it myself haha)
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #24 : 01 de Outubro de 2009, 19:08 »

Hi, you can get it from my site or if you have a fairly recent version of Meltdown (say last 10 versions or so), you should be able to open it and update automatically.
HellFire
Administrador
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW Email
« Responder #25 : 01 de Outubro de 2009, 20:53 »

hm im taking a look at it rite now, i still dont like the fact that i needed to run an setup to use it, but now it doesnt matter cause its already installed hahah
wow it has an integrated chat this is cool even yang doesnt have that ( but that will soon happen, i talked directly with NY0012345 and he said that he will work on it) I think its strange to click in the host tab to host, you should create an menu or something. I think i preffer the yang interface better, but this is just random comment cause i know you wont go back to yang style haha. Well i must leave now when i come back to home ill comment more.
Also, thanks for linking my site in the master server message and in the chat.
For now meltdown is indeed better ( mainly for the chat), Nice work, too bad everyone uses YANG. THAT chat thing kickass.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #26 : 01 de Outubro de 2009, 22:28 »

Thanks, dude.  I'll continue to improve it.
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #27 : 02 de Outubro de 2009, 01:57 »

1. Added time stamps to the chat and host/client lobbies. Type /showtimestamps to see them. Type /notimestamps to not see them.

2. Added more chat formatting abilities from Kali. Special thanks to Jay Cotton for his info on them and letting me use his smilies. To see a full list, go to http://duke3d.org/FAQ.php#specialchat.

3. Fixed a bug where pressing down in the input boxes would crash (input history bug).
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #28 : 02 de Outubro de 2009, 16:07 »

Hi, Sys.  Honestly, I never knew what that phrase even meant, hahaha.  Can you explain it to me?
Poda
Membro

Ver Perfil WWW
« Responder #29 : 02 de Outubro de 2009, 19:05 »

Do you mean like people just join into the game while you're already playing?  Anyway, new update:

1.  Changed it so that you connect to chat on startup by default.

2.  Private message tabs now have a "PM: " on them before the nickname.

3.  Host is now OP in the chat room.  Note that you can't private message the OP.  Pretend he doesn't exist...unless you're bad!

4.  Added a few new chat icon codes, namely {f:flagcode}, where flagcode is a 2 letter code for your country (most countries, anyway).  Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1#Current_codes to learn more. 
Páginas: [1] 2 3 4 5   Ir para o Topo
Imprimir

MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS    Powered by SMF 1.1.7 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC